IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR 2017 TAX RETURNS
Dear Clients & Friends,
We hope you everyone enjoyed a very blessed holiday season and are ready for a prosperous 2018! While welcoming the New Year we are also preparing for tax season and looking forward to another successful year of working together.
FILING AND INFORMATION SUBMISSION DEADLINES – PLEASE NOTE THE DEADLINES!!!
- Individual tax return filing deadline – Tuesday, April 17, 2018.
- All info must be received by Friday, March 30, 2018 OR AN EXTENSION WILL BE FILED!
- The fee for an individual extension is $25.
- Corporate, partnership & trust tax return filing deadline – Thursday, March 15, 2018.
- All info must be received by Friday, February 26, 2018 OR AN EXTENSION WILL BE FILED!
- The fee for a corporate, partnership or trust extension is $50.
CITRIX SECURED SHAREFILE PLATFORM – our paperless initiative
- Citrix Sharefile is our cloud-based file storage system that allows us to transfer documents back and forth in lieu of e-mail attachments. It offers superior data transfer security and accessibility.
- We prefer that you upload all tax documentation to our secured Citrix server for tax preparation. This can be done prior to your scheduled appointment or once you have received all of your tax info. If you need assistance with this process, please email Dawn at email@example.com.
- You can upload/send documents securely to anyone in our office at any time using the client portal on our website at https://jasoncracecpa.com/portal/.
- If you had access to a shared folder last year, your folder is still there and active for your convenience. You can login here: https://jlccpallc.sharefile.com/Authentication/Login.
- Once you have uploaded ALL of your tax documents and wish to start preparation, please send an email to Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org so we know that all documents are accounted for and tax preparation can begin.
- If you choose to deliver paper tax documents to us we will return them shortly after the completion of your tax returns. A $10 charge will be added to your invoice to cover the costs of USPS Priority Mail so the tax returns can be tracked and located.
- A signed engagement letter MUST be on file for tax preparation to start. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Engagement letters are available for download at:
TAX CHECKLISTS AND ORGANIZERS
- To ensure a complete and accurate tax return, please use a tax checklist when gathering your tax information. Both the personal and business tax checklists are available for download on our tax return resources page at https://jasoncracecpa.com/2017-tax-filing-season-resources/:
- You are not required to use a tax organizer as a client of our firm, but if you choose to do so, several are available on our website at https://jasoncracecpa.com/2017-tax-filing-season-resources/.
- Custom organizers are available showing your most recent filing history, as well. To request a custom organizer, please email Christine at email@example.com.
- All of the checklists and organizers on the tax resources page can be downloaded in PDF format which you can then be filled in and uploaded to your Citrix Sharefile folder.
ELECTRONIC DELIVERY AND E-FILE AUTHORIZATION FORMS
- In a continued effort to remain a paperless office, all tax returns will be delivered electronically, unless you specifically request a different method. Please email Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org to specify your request or note it on the bottom of your signed engagement letter.
- Tax returns, forms to be signed/mailed, and tax return copies for your records will be delivered using secured links in an e-mail. PLEASE BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD, READ, AND REVIEW EVERYTHING THAT IS DELIVERED IN THE TAX RETURN EMAIL PRIOR TO SIGNING YOUR E-FILE AUTHORIZATION FORMS.
- Signed electronic signature authorization forms MUST be received prior to electronic filing. Once your returns are electronically delivered and you have reviewed them, please check your inbox or junk mail folder for notifications from Right Signature linking you to the forms for electronic signature. Call Christine or Dawn at 317-991-3322 if you have any issues.
- If it becomes necessary to re-deliver copies of your tax returns because the secure link has expired after 30-days, a $25 charge will apply. Make sure you download your tax returns upon receipt to avoid this charge.
- If you request paper returns to be mailed to you or cannot pick them up in person, a $10 charge will be applied to cover the costs of USPS Priority Mail so the tax returns can be tracked and located.
TAX RETURN APPOINTMENTS – CALL CHRISTINE AT 317-991-3322
- For some of you, a face-to-face meeting is not always necessary to complete your taxes.
- If you don’t require a face-to-face meeting, we encourage you to skip the appointment this year and upload your tax information using our portal. Just let us know when you have completed your tax information submission by sending an email to Christine at email@example.com.
- For those of you that want to come in and speak to us in person, please feel free to make an appointment by calling Christine at 317-991-3322.
- In order to maximize your time during this busy tax season, we encourage you to make your appointment only AFTER you have gathered all of your tax documents.
- We will make every attempt to prepare your tax returns while you are in your appointment.
- If you have additional issues, outside of the preparation of your taxes, additional time may be charged at our normal hourly rates.
- But don’t let that deter you. If you are ever concerned about being billed for a meeting, just send us a note with your details and we can let you know.
FEES FOR 2017 TAX PREPARATION
- Starting in 2016, we migrated away from the billable hour and started offering flat fee billing for the preparation of your tax returns.
- The fee structure is based on 20+ years of tax preparation experience and the complexity of your tax returns.
- In most cases, the fee associated with the filing of your tax return can be quoted prior to preparation.
- In fact, 90% of the services that we offer can be quoted using our flat fee structure.
- Please call us if you have any questions about fees or our flat fee structure.
- NOTE> All invoices for services rendered MUST BE PAID PRIOR to the electronic filing of your returns or the delivery of your paper returns for traditional filing.
For other services, not covered by our flat fee schedule, we charge hourly at the following rates:
- Jason L. Crace, CPA – $250 per hour
- Kate Smith, CPA – $200 per hour
- Dawn Toth – $150 per hour
- Angie Crace – $50 per hour
- Christine Garmon – $50 per hour
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with you this year. It’s clients like you that have helped us grow and become one of the top providers of tax and professional services in the area. Referrals from our valued clients are the life source of our business. So, please do not hesitate to pass along our information to friends or family that could benefit from our services. As always, we are available by phone, e-mail and appointment to address any questions or concerns you may have about your tax service needs.
Jason L. Crace, CPA, Firm Principal
Kate Smith, Tax associate
Dawn Toth, Accounting associate
Angie Crace, Office manager
Your privacy is of our utmost concern. Your email address will never be shared or sold to anyone – period!