Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2018. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 10.”)
- File a 2017 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- If a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans
<a href=”/contact/” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”><img class=”size-medium wp-image-2454 alignnone” src=”/files/Contact-Us-300×90.png” alt=”Contact Us” width=”300″ height=”90″ /></a> <a href=”/files/Prospective-Client-Information-Packet.pdf” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener noreferrer”><img class=”alignnone wp-image-2453 size-medium” src=”/files/brochure2-300×88.png” alt=”brochure2″ width=”300″ height=”88″ /></a>